Acceptable Curbside Recycling Materials
Glass & Juice Cartons: Clear or colored glass bottles & jars. Clean food and beverage containers only. Single-serve containers, pint, quart, and half-gallon juice and milk cartons.
- No: Light bulbs, Ceramics, Cookware, Window/mirror glass, Crystal.
Metal Cans & Foil: Clean food and beverage containers only. Aluminum foil & foil baking tins.
- No: Scrap metal, Appliances, Metal parts, Pots/pans, Silverware, Needles, Aerosol and Paint cans.
Plastics #1 through #7: Clean food and beverage containers only.
- No: Bottle caps or Bottles that contained Antifreeze, Motor oil, Pesticides or other Toxic fluids.
Newspapers, Magazines, Catalogs, Phone Books, and Cereal-type boxes.
- NO: PACKAGING MATERIALS, TAPE, SHOE or PIZZA BOXES.
- NO: STRING or PLASTIC BAGS.
Mixed Paper: Office paper, Stationary and Envelopes including those with plastic windows, Direct Mail pieces – shiny coated paper ok. SHREDDED PAPER must go in your regular trash container to be burned for energy.
- No: Brown manila envelopes, Overnite envelopes or Tyvek.
- No: Giveaway items (Product samples/CD’s).
- No: Greeting cards or Wrapping paper.
- No: Boxboard, 6-pack cartons or non-corrugated Cardboard.
- No: Tape, Post-it-notes or Mail with Pressure sensitive labels.
Accepted at Town Recycling Center
Waste Oil, Leaves (no plastic bags), Grass Clippings, Tires, Recyclable Batteries, Car Batteries, Propane Tanks (empty), Various Electronic items ie: Computers & TV’s and Bulky Metal items.